Looking for paleo diet rules in order to plan your perfect paleo meal plan? Well, this article will provide you with 10 simple paleo diet rules so that you can adopt the caveman diet and become fit and healthy. Before we look at the 10 simple Paleo diet rules I think it would be wise to have a look at the foods that are generally included in paleo diet and the ones which should be avoided in paleo diet.
Food’s to include in Paleo Diet:
As a general rule you should include these foods in Paleo diet
- Grass-fed meats
- Fresh Fruits
- Fresh Vegetables
- Healthy oils (walnut, olive, macadamia, flaxseed, coconut, avocado)
Food’s to avoid in Paleo Diet Rules:
As a general rule you should avoid these foods in Paleo diet.
- Legumes ( including peanuts)
- Cereal grains
- Refined Sugar
- Overly Salty Foods
- Processed Foods
- Junk Foods
- Refined Vegetable Oils
10 Simple Paleo Diet Rules:
- Rule 1: Paleo diet should be moderate in animal protein, high in fat and low in carbohydrate. Counting calories is not encouraged.
- Rule 2: In Paleo diet you should eat large amounts of the saturated fats such as butter or coconut oil. Duck fat and beef tallow are also good, but only if it comes from well treated and healthy animals. Avocado, macadamia and olive oil are also good fats which one can use for drizzling over food or in salads, but should not be used in cooking.
- Rule 3: Eat large amounts of fresh vegetables. You can eat them either raw or cooked. Eat starchy vegetables such as yams and sweet potatoes as source of non-toxic carbohydrates.
- Rule 4: In Paleodiet animal protein should be consumed in good amounts. It includes poultry, red meat, eggs, organs (kidney, liver, heart…), shellfish and wild caught fish. Do not be scared of eating fatty cutsand. All the meals having protein mush contain some fat too.
- Rule 5:In Paleo diet one should eat moderate to low amounts of nuts and fruits. Try eating the fruits that have low sugar and have high antioxidants such as berries. Eat nuts which have high omega-3.
- Rule 6:Preferably choose the grass-fed and pasture raised meat from local farms that are environmentally conscious. In case it is not possible, choose the lean cuts of meat and supplement the fat with coconut oil or butter.
- Rule 7: Cut out all legumes and cereal grains from the diet. This includes rye, wheat, barley, corn, brown rice, peanuts, oats, pinto beans, soy, black eyed peas, kidney beans, and navy beans.
- Rule 8:Eliminate the dairy products other than butter. You do not need dairy. In case you cannot live without dairy, consider raw, full-fat or/and fermented dairy.
- Rule 9: Eliminate soft drinks, added sugar, all packaged juices and sweets (including the fruit juices). As a general rule, if it is in a box, do not eat it. While visiting a grocery store, visit the fish, meat and produce sections.
- Rule 10:Eat when you are hungry and do not stress in case you skip a meal or two. You do not have to eat three meals every day, just do what feels natural.
You can also check out my other reviews in Paleo Recipes and discover other easy-to-whip up and delicious recipes.
These 10 simple Paleo diet rules are easy to follow and they can be great guideline for you to make a good paleo diet meal plan. So what are you waiting for, follow the paleo diet rules, start with paleo diet now and get fit, active and healthy like never before!