If you are one of those people who are still wondering why is there so much buzz about paleo diet, then learning the paleo diet effects on human body and the dangers posed by our modern diet can provide the answer for you. Before we look at the paleo diet effects on the human body, we will take a look at why there is a need for paleo diet and the dangers of our modern diet.
Need for Paleo Diet:
Paleo diet is the hunter-gatherer diet which our ancestors used to eat about 2.6 million years ago. It is believed that eating this diet can make a human being strong, fit and keep the body healthy as the diet is totally derived from nature. Paleo diet is very popular because of what it promises to the people who adopt it. There are many benefits of paleo diet and when one sees the problems caused by modern day diet, adopting paleo diet seems to be a pretty good idea.
Dangers of our modern diet:
The modern day food products, especially processed foods have resulted in many diseases. These include heart problems, diabetes, cholesterol and many other health issues. Over the past 50 years there has been a drastic increase in obesity, cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.
Paleo Diet Effects
Like all other diets, Plaeo diet also has its positive and negative effects, though positives far outweigh the negatives.
Positive effects of Paleo Diet:
Paleo diet has numerous positive effects on human body. Following are some of them:
- Every cell in our body is made from both saturated and unsaturated fats. The cells need a healthy balance of both these fats in order to properly function. And paleo diet provides perfect balance of saturated and unsaturated fats.
- Paleo diet heavily relies on animal flesh which is a great source of healthy protein. Eating this healthy protein makes more muscle in the body and results in less fat.
- Paleo diet provides for all the minerals and vitamins the human body needs as the diet suggests eating a lot of vegetables and fruits.
- Paleo diet consists of the foods which human beings have adapted the ability to digest over thousands of years. Eating these natural and healthy foods results in better digestion and absorption.
- There are fewer chances of allergies when one is on paleo diet.
- Paleo diet helps in weight loss
- A great paleo diet effect is the limitless supply of energy which one gets by eating natural foods.
Negative of Paleo Diet Effects
The negative effects of Paleo diet do exist but they are nothing compared to what the negative effects of our modern day diet are.
- To start with, when one is adopting the paleo diet, one might feel cravings for sugar, French fries and other such “tasty” items which they are used too. However these cravings are only for the first few weeks and after a while the person gets used to paleo diet and these cravings stop.
- Paleo diet consists of large amount of high quality animal proteins. This can result in an increase in bad LDL cholesterol.
- Ketogenic breath is another negative effect of paleo diet. Though it is not bad for health, it’s still a problem. It is because of when the body shifts from burning carbohydrates to fat, the person shifts into a process known as ketosis. The amount of this bad breath can vary from one person to another but it is not something to worry about. And one can take the edge off this ketogenic breath by chewing on cilantro or mint.
P.S. Take a look at the Paleo Restart. Paleo Restart is also your personal coach and guides you through everything so you don’t need to worry about the details.You won’t be left on your own when you’re done. You can Restart for a new 30 days for as many times as you want. It’s a totally new experience each time and you’re getting a lifetime membership.
As you can see the paleo diet effects on human body are mostly positive and a balanced paleo diet can result in a strong fit and strong body, and excellent health.